- Northwestern University School of Law, JD, 2002
- Agnes Scott College, BA, French and History, 1997, with honors, Phi Beta Kappa
- Illinois, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
Anne W. Mitchell
773.377.5550 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Anne W. Mitchell is a partner at Whitt Sturtevant LLP. She focuses her practice on counseling and regulatory proceedings involving natural gas and electric utility clients and business litigation.
Ms. Mitchell has represented clients in dozens of natural gas, electric, and telecommunications proceedings, including rate litigation, alternative rate litigation, rate design investigations, cost and revenue reconciliations, merger/reorganization approval, financing approval, affiliate transactions, utility tariffs, rulemakings, energy efficiency, and certification proceedings. She also has served as counsel in appeals of agency decisions.
Ms. Mitchell has represented natural gas clients in complex litigation in Illinois state and federal courts. She also has extensive experience representing insurance companies in class actions and business disputes, including claims for fraud, unfair trade practices, and breach of contract.
Ms. Mitchell’s pro bono practice recently included representing victims of domestic violence in obtaining orders of protection.
Awards and Recognitions
- Chambers USA, Energy & Natural Resources: Regulatory, June 2022
- Chambers & Partners, Energy & Natural Resources: Regulatory, May 2021
- Crain’s Chicago Business, “Most Influential Women Lawyers in Chicago,” 2017
- Legal Aid Chicago
- Board of Directors, 2019 – present
- Executive Committee, Young Professionals Board, 2009 – 2018
- Constitutional Rights Foundation Chicago Lawyers in the Classroom, 2011 – 2018
- Chicago Women’s Energy Summit Planning Committee member, 2015 – 2016
- American Civil Liberties Union of Illinois Public Interest Law Initiative Fellow, 2002 2009-2018